Mark Shaprio named Blue Jays CEO, President

Mark Shaprio was named the Jays new CEO & President. Great timing for him? He'll start after this season ends, overcoming current CEO Paul Beeston, who is set to retire. 

Shapio could easily be considered a veteran at his job, winning the Sports News Executive of the Year, not once but twice while working with the Indians for almost his whole career. After the 2010 season, Shaprio was named the president of the Indians. 

You can easily see this man carries a breed of loyalty within his presence. He said that with his 24 year involvement with the Indians he developed a deep attachment to the team. 

Quotes from "Bluejays.com"

"Toronto is a world-class city and sports mecca, with an exciting ballclub that has support from Canadians all across the country," Shapiro said in a statement released by Rogers. "The Toronto Blue Jays are a first-rate organization with outstanding leadership from Paul Beeston and a firm commitment from ownership to field a winning team.

"I am excited to be part of the Rogers team and work with Guy Laurence and Rick Brace, and am honoured to be following in the footsteps of one of baseball's greatest leaders, as I look to build on the franchise's strong foundation and legacy in Canadian sport."

Seems like a lot of changes are coming for this franchise. We are actually finally winning games. With winning comes work and higher expectations though, having the past home games completely sold out, the City of Toronto has their eyes attached to the Jays and hopefully a promising future.

"I have known Mark for many years. He is an exemplary executive and his passion for baseball and winning is remarkable," Beeston said. "I am happy to pass him the baton -- but not just yet; Alex, the team, and I have a little more work to do and we're focused on putting more Ws in the win column."